Alexandra Ross – MA, BA, Level II CD
Alexandra is the Owner and Principal of The Organizing Wizard, providing coaching, consulting as well as hands-on organizing services to residential and business clients.
Alexandra has been involved in organizing since 2003 and has since also been an active member of the Professional Organizers in Canada Association (POC), serving in various capacities including serving as the President on the National Board of Directors 2013/2014. In 2011 she received the President’s Award for outstanding contribution to the Association. She is Gold Leaf member of Professional Organizers in Canada.
Alexandra has been featured in various magazines and newspaper articles such as: International Business Times, Huffington Post, Canadian Family Magazine,The Brick annual furniture magazine; Chatelaine Magazine; Western Insurance Magazine; Toronto Star; CBC; various local newspapers and radio programs. She has held workshops on Time management, general residential organizing and downsizing for seniors.
Today, Chronic Disorganization as well as ADD and Hoarding are becoming more and more an issue around the world. Therefore Alexandra decided to build upon her Psychology degree and educated herself to specialize in Chronic Disorganization. She earned her level II certificate in Chronic Disorganization and completed the series of classes related to hoarding at ICD (Institute for Challenging Disorganization – formerly NSGCD in the US). She also received a certificate of completion as a Professional Organizer, in 2003 at HG Academy in Burbank, California – USA.
Growing up in Europe gave Alexandra the opportunity to develop a strong work ethic, to appreciate diversity, and experience the variety of the European traditions and culture. She further explored the South American and the North American culture and finally chose Canada –to be her home and place to settle down.
Her background is very diverse; part of her work experience includes Property Management, Hotel and Real Estate – covering everything from sales, marketing, management and operations, all which helped her to grasp the work flow and daily challenges of a company life.
Having a family in addition to running her own companies and volunteering for various events and organizations not only helped her to understand the daily challenges of a family, but also has taught her the amount of pressure one can encounter, trying to balance both family, volunteering and business.
Alexandra and her professional team are able to take on multiple projects, bigger estates, ADD (teenagers, entrepreneurs and executives), chronically disorganized and Hoarding clients. Her education and experience as well as the strength of her individual team members enable the “Organizing Wizard” to provide a variety of professional services and a unique holistic approach to organizing, customized to the individual client’s needs.
- Master degree in German Literature with
- Degrees in Psychology and Political Science
- Certificate in CD (Chronic Disorganization)
- Complete Hoarding class series by ICD
- Degree in Business & Economics
- Apprenticeship Certificate in Retail Management
Professional Organizers in Canada (POC – National Board):
- Immediate Past President 2014 – Current
Past POC Positions:
- President 2013 – 2014
- Director at Large 2009 – 2012
- Director of Conference 2008/2009
- Vice President – 2007/2008 and 2012/2013
- Director of Education 2006/2007
- Conference Venue Chair Vancouver 2007
- Lead Negotiator Contracts 2006 – present
- Chair Education Committee 2004 – 2006
- Developer of framework and exam for Professional Organizer Training Program, implemented by POC in 2006
- 2011 Recipient of Professional Organizers in Canada President’s Award
- 2008 POC Nominee for Harold Taylor Founder Award
- Gold Leaf member (for Organizers in business over 10 years and volunteer contributions)
- Silver Leaf member (for Organizers in business over 5 years)
- Professional Organizers in Canada (POC)
- Association of Holistic Practitioners (AHP)
- Pemberton Legion
Past member of
- National Study Group of Chronic Disorganization (NSGCD now ICD)
- Rotary Club of Pemberton Centennial
- Toastmaster International
- Whistler Chamber of Commerce
- Pemberton Chamber of Commerce